I don't know about you but I am a sucker for Buffalo Chicken anything. I think the spicy zip of the wing sauce pairs so perfectly with the tangy blue cheese. Anyone else a huge fan of blue cheese? MMMmm! With those flavors in mind, I decided to whip up a hot, cheesy dip. As my mother-in-law likes to say - "It was to die for."
Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
(low-carb, gluten free)
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup hot buffalo wing sauce
about 1 cup grated aged white cheddar
1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 finely chopped green onions
1. Heat oven to 425 F.
2. In a medium size bowl, blend cream cheese and mayo together. Add wing sauce, chicken, blue cheese, green onions and 1/2 the white cheddar.
3. Pour into a greased medium- size casserole dish.
4. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
5. Bake until bubbly and cheese is browned - 15 to 20 min.
6. Serve with crackers, thick- cut potato chips, celery and carrot sticks.
Tags: Appetizers, Dips, Chicken